WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU, FOR WHAT PURPOSE AND ON WHAT GROUND WE PROCESS IT
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
|Data Category||Purpose||Lawful Ground|
|Prospect Data |
via Get-A-Quote website form, contact form, emails, Facebook Ad Leads, Messenger Leads and or recorded calls
|To connect you with the relevant Service Provider||Legitimate Interests|
|Communication Data |
via website contact form, emails, social media and messaging or recorded calls
To communicate with you
To call and confirm your details
For Record Keeping
For the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims
|Technical Data |
via browsing activity on our website including IP address, browser details, length of visits, session activity, devices, page views and paths
To analyse your use of our website and other online services
To administer and protect our business and website
To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you
To understand the effectiveness of our advertising
|Marketing Data |
via your set preferences for receiving marketing from us and our 3rd parties
To enable you to partake in our relevant promotions including competitions, prize draws and free give-aways
To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you
To deliver the latest relevant information, advice, guidance and offers
|Consent and Legitimate Interests|
SENSITIVE DATAWe do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences. We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing. We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law. We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- When completing our Get-a-Quote form on our website, we will ask you for your contact details including your name, business name, email address, telephone number and postcode.
- This webform will also ask you for information on your service requirements relevant to your intended visit to our website.
- During telephone communication we record and store all calls digitally and securely.
- When completing a quote form on Facebook, we will ask you for your contact details including your name, business name, email address, telephone number and postcode.
- When communicating via Facebook Messenger we may collect your personal data such as your name, business name, email address, telephone number, Facebook Profile Photo and postcode.
- In addition to the above we may also collect personal data if you contact us, or we contact you via email, telephone or post.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONSOur lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business). Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time. Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or OR by emailing us at email@example.com at any time. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATAWe may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Other companies in our group who provide services to us.
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Trusted partners or service providers who supply the relevant quotations for your business needs.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERSWe share your personal data within our group of companies which involves transferring your data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We are subject to the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations that protect your personal data. Where we transfer your data to third parties outside of the EEA, we will ensure that certain safeguards are in place to ensure a similar degree of security for your personal data. As such:
- We may transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place; or
- Where we use certain service providers who are established outside of the EEA, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.